Saturday, 15 August 2026

EMBOSSING

 Morning Everyone,

A new challenge starts today at Allsorts and I have chosen the subject of Embossing (heat or dry) as the theme and there is always Anything Goes too.


When I was looking on Youtube a while ago a video came up about embossing on patterned paper so I thought I'd have a go.  I had a search through my papers and chose this piece.  I didn't want it too patterned as I didn't want it to overpower the embossing.  So I cut out the stitched rectangle first the then embossed it with Altenew's Decorative Florals folder.   Then I lightly inked the raised areas with Hero Arts White pigment ink.  I used a piece of the same paper for the heat embossed sentiment and added a few pearls and gems to finish it off.  

I am pleased with how it turned out especially with the white ink showing up against the darker background and will be trying more of this technique soon.

The prize for the winner is a die, embossing folder and layering stencil bundle from Lisa Horton Crafts


                                               

Have a good weekend.  I think it is going to be a bit cooler today, hopefully.

Lynne x

13 comments:

  1. It's a stunning card Lynne, the white inking is so precisely done and makes me want to go try the technique (expect no white ink pad!). Perfect inspiration for your theme which I enjoyed, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Brenda says - it’s a stunning card. I thought it was vellum first of all, then read your description. Beautiful work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful and better than the results I have had using this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lynne, I've done this on colored card stock and can't wait to try it on patterned paper today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the embossed panel with the white inking--everything POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You managed so well to only lnk up the raised areas (I struggled a bit with this so I ended up inking the whole card :) And the embossing folder is so gorgeous and elegant. I really enjoyed the challenge as I rarely think to use embossing on my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!
    I'm pretty sloppy at this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The delicate inking over the embossing makes for a gorgeous card Lynne! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great choice of theme and the white ink has worked really nicely on the embossed detail for your card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Lynne, love the fabulous embossed flowers and added delicate colouring.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Lynne. I lovely the effect of this technique, thanks you for the inspiration.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable both in design and colours. Brilliantly executed x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful card Lynne and I really enjoyed the theme too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I do love to read them. Lynne x