Thursday 23 February 2023

STENCILS OR FREESTYLE BACKGROUND?

Morning Everyone,

Back again for the start of a new challenge at As You Like It  where we are asking to see your favourite of either stencils or freestyle backgrounds.


Whenever I try to make an inky background I am not always happy with the end result so I hardly ever make them and have gone with a stencil for this challenge.  

I have used the Flower Frenzy mini from Crafter's Workshop for my card and used paste through it first and then when it was dry I put the stencil back and inked up with green and yellow inks.  I do like the look of paste through stencils as it adds a bit more dimension.  I've added a few enamel dots and gems for a bit of interest.  

I couldn't decide which green mat went best with the colours so layered up with both.

The sponsor for the challenge is:

I would like to enter:

Classic Design challenge - Anything Goes
Stencil Fun challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Birthday Wishes
Simon Says Weds - Anything Goes

Thank you for taking the time to visit and have a good day.

Lynne x



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stenciled card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B} NEW March 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💗💗💗this!! I saw this at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. Your card reminds me of the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot, Disneyworld, FL I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative day!
    Cheers, Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Spring card,love the zingy colours and stencil
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely Lynne and the fresh colours a nice hint of Spring.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty love the colour and the background is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks amazing!! Love the zesty combo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and very pretty colours. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Lynne this is a beautiful card. The colours and that stencil background are fab. Love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. Love your vibrant color choice. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I do love to read them. Lynne x